Thursday, February 10, 2011

a Prayer Request in the Wake of Tragedy


In the wake of sadness I know that God is in control. But, still the pain is heard to bare.
Earlier today my mom called me with horrible news. My cousin shot and killed himself yesterday leaving a wife and 3 children…a 20 something, a early grade age and a small toddler. I was…I am in total shock…I have cried a lot today…

Although, he is…was quite a bit older than me I still have fond memories of him. So much so that I had considered using his name when naming my oldest son. Ironically my son and cousin were both blessed with the most Ice blue beautiful eyes. There are a few pictures where 30+ years span but they have matching eyes. They were both BEAUTIFUL babies. My cousin was seriously Adorable…he could have been a child model and every company would have wanted him!

My sadness is not only for my families painful loss, but in the fact that a misunderstanding, and the feeling of rejection caused him to think that this was the only way…it breaks my heart more than I can express.

The pain and heartache that suicide leaves behind is so hard to handle.

I would like to ask you to please join me in praying for my Aunt, cousins (his siblings), his Children and Wife. Because Although, I feeling numb and very lost, but I have the Lord, they need Our Loving Lord right now too!

♥Brady♥ I love you…You will be truly missed!

I wish…I just wish it could have been different.



Psalm 36:5

Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I don't even know you and I instantly got chills when I read this. I'm praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss and the loss of his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This breaks my heart. I'm so very sorry you're family is walking in this valley right now. I pray the Lord's peace will comfort you. Hugs to you...
    PSALM 46:10

    ReplyDelete