Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Book Review - Love Food and Live Well...
Go ahead. Get passionate about the food you eat. You donrs"t have to hide it. You can love food and lose weight at the same time! The secret, which yours"ll learn about inLove Food andLive Well,is to know when to have carrot cake and when itrs"s time for just a carrot. For most dieters, food is the daunting factor that trips up our best intentions to lose weight and get fit. Let Chantel Hobbs teach you that food is not the enemy! Itrs"s our attitudes toward it that defeat us. Losing weightdoes notrequire being deprived of the foods you love and being forced to eat boring, tasteless meals, and left feeling hungry most of the time
To be totally honest I didn't know who Chantel Hobbs was when I requested this book to review! I picked this book for the mere fact that it is something that I am intersted in. When my older son was 18months old I lost 80 pounds in 4 months, My husband and I had a system of how we ate, how we excercised...everything. 4 months after my 80lbs loss mark we sold our house, moved to a new neighborhood, and winter came. After this we just couldn't get back into the groove. Now my twins are 18months old and 'we' all need a change!
I now know that Chantel Hobbs has two previous books out on the topic of how she managed to lose over two hundred pounds and not only lose it but keep it off. And now in LOVE FOOD & LIVE WELL she shares some advice that she learned from a super thin woman she met at the gym. Moderation.
But that's not all that Chantel teaches us. Chantel shows us that food is not the enemy. It is our attitudes toward it that sabotages us. She teaches us when we can have carrot cake and when it is simply time to have a carrot.
You can turn food into an ally by following Chantel's 80/20 rule. 20% of the time spludge on the foods you love. The remaining 80% choose food on the basis of delivering maximum fuel for your body and health. In this way, she teaches us self-discipline.
LOVE FOOD & LIVE WELL includes personal inventories, original recipes, food plans, and detailed exercises. This book is a beneficial guide to anyone who wants to lose weight and keep it off. I read this book once for review, now I plan to go back and study it for my own personal use.
I would recommend this book to someone who is maybe at a loss, or having a hard time getting motivated!
Hardcover: 240 pages Publisher: WaterBrook Press; 1 edition (December 14, 2010) Language: English ISBN-10: 0307457842 ISBN-13: 978-0307457844
*Please note that I got this book for free in exchange for my honest review/opinion.