Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tastes like Summer - Chicken Salad Pita


Sometimes you just need a little Summer Time in your Life!!

My Special Homemade Mix:
  • 2-4 cup shredded Chicken
  • 1 large Avocado diced
  • 10 grape tomatoes halved
  • 3 stalk celery chopped
  • 3 mini cucumbers diced
  • 1 can black olives sliced
  • 6-10 medium/large strawberries sliced
  • Mix together in a bowl with 2ish tablespoons mayo (I have used ranch, and honey mustard - use what you like)
  • Spoon into halved pita and serve
These were a huge hit with all the kids! Throughout dinner Elias kept say "Oh mommy this is delicious, we should have these every night"

Why Summer Chicken Salad? I've mentioned it a few time before...I am sick of winter, the cold weather and rain! I'm so very ready for summer...The warm Breeze, running through the sprinklers with the kids, grilling, play outside, sitting on the deck after the kids are in bed with my hubby...Oh, summer how I miss you. 

Well, for the next few months, I'll take what I can get, even if it is through tasty summer time food!


No comments:

Post a Comment