Monday, January 10, 2011

A fruitful spirit

I have been living for many years on a roller coaster of emotions...happiness, sadness, extreme anger and hurt, fear, and every other negative emotion. However, It is now 2011 and I refuse to allow this to continue to control my life and emotions for yet another year. This has turned me into a doormat, and made me be afraid of being who I am. I have been seeking God, asking God to help me in this.
The Lord showed me this:


Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, Patiences, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

As a Christians I have read this many, many times. This time it was different.

Lord Please give me LOVE for those who, knowingly hurt to hurt. Draw them close to you.
Lord give me JOY in every aspect of my life. Help me focus more on the joy not the "I have to do's"
Give me PEACE, when I feel so unglued, and overwhelmed with life.
Bless me with PATIENCES Lord, when the day has been long.
Lord give me KINDNESS to friends who are seeking me to encourage them.
Bless me with the GOODNESS that I need to train my children in your Word.
Please give me the FAITHFULNESS I need when things seem so hard and out of control.
Bless me with the GENTLENESS of words when talking to my family, Children and friends.
And SELF - CONTROL Lord, help me to have self control when my mind start wondering and I become afraid.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment