Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Giving Hearts!

Recently a young girl I know said "What ever happened to Chivalry?" she was meaning it in the way of "where is my knight in shinning armor." But it got me thinking...what happened to Women helping Women? I am blessed to have amazing friends who have been there for me in my time of horrible loss and pain. But I know that this is not true for all women. I have been horrified to hear how many women I know have gone through painful experiences with absolutely no support.

This brings me to the story of a young Mother. A few years ago she was married with a small daughter and another daughter due to be born in a matter of weeks. Her entire world came crashing down when they found out her full term daughter has passed away, for reasons unknown. Over the next week, she delivered and buried her daughter. Over next few years, she had very little support to help her through this horrible time. Things happened, life went wild...but, then she found out she was pregnant, and JOY took over. In Mid December she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl!! Elated to say the least.

I had a plan, to create a very special gift basket for her, so I set out contacting a few companies to see if they would like to get involved. Sadly many did not even respond. However, Some AMAZING companies did step up!


Sleepy Wrap
Earth Mama Angel Baby
and Bamboobies
also a few 'anonymous' donations came in as well!

I was thrilled by this! The fact that these companies wanted to bless a young mother they did know...the simple fact that she had been through so much touched their hearts!
This young mother was so overwhelmed, and could not believe why someone would care so much about her and her family...I fear many women feel this way. I believe that that can change...if we just put in a little effort!!
Now, on to the fun stuff! I would love to give props and recognition to these awesome companies! You are amazing!

SLEEP WRAP graciously donated a Beautiful Wrap in Beige - she LOVED the color!
From the Mama:
"this is awesome"
"I wanted one, but there was no way we could have afforded it"
"I love having her so close"

Look at how Proud this Papa looks!

EARTH MAMA ANGEL BABY donated from the depths of there hearts 'A Little Something for Baby'

A Little Something For Baby Includes:








Angel Baby® Lotion
Angel Baby® Shampoo & Body Wash
Angel Baby® Bottom Balm
From The Mama:
"I have never heard of this, but I LOVE it!!"

BAMBOOBIES graciously donated a set of their Bamboo reusable nursing pads!

"Bamboobies regular nursing pads are
ultra-soft ultra-thin ultra-eco
Unique because they are softer and waterproof aka "milk-proof,"
Bamboobies are the new choice for breastfeeding mothers who
want a washable nursing pad that doesn't show through clothes."
 
From The Mama:
"I LOVE these"
"The absorb more that any nursing pad I have ever used!"
"I love that they are heart shaped!!"
 
And Thank You to the anonymous donations as well!!
Including a Bebe au Lait nursing cover!
Which the Mother LOVES beyond words!
and a AVENT Breast pump
again she loves and has really has come in handy!



Thank you to everyone who got involved! You are awesome!!


butterfly Glitter Graphics - Glitterlive.com
Mama Britni

1 comment:

  1. Awe!!! That is SO SO SO cool! I love seeing blessing come to be like that!

    ReplyDelete