Thursday, January 13, 2011

Its the little things...


Yesterday was hectic and busy...like most days. Yesterday was amazing and fruitful with my Children...like most days.

Last night I was laying with the twins trying to get them to sleep. Si had finally fallen asleep...on top of me...so we were tummy to tummy. He loves this. I must have started to doze off, because I suddenly jump. Si had hiccups. This made me smile and laugh out loud. You might be thinking "why, there just hiccups" but to me it is so much more than that.

While I was pregnant with the twins, I dealt with tons of emotions. During my pregnancy friend lost her baby at full term, another Mama lost one of her twins at about 30 week. I'll be honest I was afraid, these kinds of things have always scared me, the thought of losing a child is almost too much to bare for any Mother. On top of this, Si was not a big mover/kicker, which terrified me. At about 18ish weeks he settles in a place near my right hip bone and my ribs and stayed there until birth.

Gabbi on the other had was ALWAYS moving. Kicking me, punching me...you name it...she was wild!

Many times through my pregnancy, I didn't feel Si. A few times it was many many hours and I found my self praying: "please Lord, let me feel him" Every single time, I would start feeling a little popping near my hip...Si had the hiccups and I knew he was fine. The Lord, was always comforting me, always there for me, always telling me that He was and control!
Si right after he was born!

Si, started getting hiccups every single night...without fail. The Lord was always looking out for me. This created a huge connection between Si and me - and God and me. What a amazing Loving Father I have, knowing that his child was afraid...he comforted.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort," - 2 Corinthians 1:3

"Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever." - Psalm 136:2

"His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
Sing praise, sing praise

Yeah
Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever
Forever"

So Hiccups...I love hiccups:)


butterfly Glitter Graphics - Glitterlive.com
Mama Britni

No comments:

Post a Comment